The purpose of Search Engine Optimization is to ensure that your business ranks highly in both Google and Bing search results. Being on the first page is important because a vast majority of all search engine users never even click on to the second page of the search engine results page (SERP). Being on the first page is good, but it isn't good enough. Multiple studies show that over 60% of search engine users click on one of the first three results. Therefore, we are focused on moving your website up to one of the first three spots on the SERP's and also seeing your site multiple times on the first page. One of our current clients is on the first page of Google eight times for a very important search term in his industry. If a user sees your website on the first page of the SERP multiple times it sends a powerful message as to who is the best in your industry.
We focus on providing all of our clients with a results driven approach that will never sacrifice future rankings for short term results. We utilize long term strategies to grow your search engine presence and we never look for tricks to game the system. Tricks are short lived and although they may have a short term benefit in the beginning, the tricks eventually will get a Google penalty and many months or years of ranking pergatory.
Good SEO work only gets better over time. It's only search engine tricks that need to keep changing when the ranking algorithms change.— Jill Whalen
Succeeding in the search engine optimization game requires an intimate knowledge of the way the search algorithms work. The general concepts are important but keeping up with the constant changes that Google and Bing employ is something we take seriously. This continuing education gives us an understanding of the correct steps to keep our clients consistently ranked at the top. In the end you can't win the game unless you learn all of the rules.
Over the term of our contract we will work on the following aspects of your SEO:
- Competitor Comparison: We will find out the areas that our competitors are doing well and the tasks we need to focus on to take traffic. This will include a site audit of top competitors
- Keyword Research including long tail keywords
- Statistical comparison: We will compare our website to our top 3 competitors for our main keywords. This will let us know areas on our website that are statistically significant. This will create a roadmap of changes necessary for the website over the next several months.
- Make sure Analytics dashboards and goal conversions have been created and are functioning properly
- Google Search Console optimization and linking
- Google My Business optimization.
- NAP and local citation cleanup
- Make necessary website changes from the roadmap and the statistical analysis. Make suggestions to client on things that may affect the business prior to making any visible changes.
- Study potential Schema usage on competitors and add schema if necessary on different pages
- Citation Building for local links
- Compare current website with competition regarding links. Create a list of links that we can add from our competition.
- Keyword Tracking monthly and traffic tracking to see if efforts are creating organic traffic.